This is a gorgeous salad that is naturally sweet and a very healthy addition for your Valentine’s Day Dinner Table! Don’t forget that collard greens provide us with two very important anti-inflammatory nutrients which are Vitamin K and omega-3 fatty acids (in the form of alpha-linolenic acid, or ALA). Chronic inflammation can significantly increase our risk of cancers and other chronic diseases (especially cardiovascular diseases).
Ingredients for Beautiful Beet Salad with Cherry Tomato Dressing
- 3-4 Collard Greens De-stemmed
- 1 Small Bunch Arugula or Other Local Greens
- Any Pak Choi Leaves with Stems
- 3-4 Kale Leaves De-stemmed
- 1 Bunch Beets (Leaves and Stems)
- 1-2 Cartons of Cherry Tomatoes
- Half Bunch of Spinach
- 4-5 Stalks of Celery
- Optional: Cilantro and Local Strawberries!
- In a bowl, chop the collards, kale, arugula, and any other local greens. Chop them up as finely as you can into tiny bits.
- Take the beets, cut off the bottom roots, then cut off the top leaves, leaving the stems ready and exposed to chop.
- Chop the stems into tiny bits, and sprinkle over your salad as shown above. The color is beautiful!
- Save some of the bits for the salad dressing, but place most in the salad.
- If you want to add beat leaves to your salad, do it! They taste dark and creamy!
- Then, in a blender, place the following items into your Vitamix as shown in the picture.
- First, add the cherry tomatoes so that it will blend easily. I use 2 cartons, but for smaller eaters, use one carton.
- Then, add the chopped celery, beet stems, and spinach.
- For extra flavor, feel free to add a small bunch of cilantro.
- After the dressing is blended, mix into your salad with your hands!
- Enjoy this dark and beautiful red deliciousness!
Original Recipe from Rawfully Organic