Besides looking absolutely delish, Avocado with Bell Pepper and Tomatoes is just about as healthy as a mini salad can get. I have found mini-salads great for holiday buffets as well small luncheons. The presentation can be as colorful as you would like by adding different veggies and even some fruit such as bits of pineapple, halved grapes, etc.
Health Benefits of Avocado
Avocado is a source of healthy fats and has the ability to benefit vascular and heart health. Avocado is actually classified as a fruit and contains other health benefits such as providing anti-inflammatory benefits and protecting the liver from damage. Did you know that you can also replace the fats in baking recipes with equal amounts of avocado? As far as I’m concerned, avocado is truly classified as a “super fruit” that should be eaten every day!
Avocado with Bell Pepper and Tomatoes Mini Salad Recipe
Serves 1 | Always use organic ingredients when available.
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Pinch cayenne
- Himalayan salt
- 1 ripe avocado, halved and seeded
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, diced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro, plus leaves for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, garlic, and cayenne. Season with Himalayan salt.
- Scoop out meat from avocado halves and chop. Transfer to a bowl and add bell pepper, tomatoes, scallion, and cilantro.
- Drizzle with dressing and season with salt. Gently stir to combine. Spoon mixture into avocado shells. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
Original recipe: http://www.wholeliving.com/151701/avocado-bell-pepper-and-tomatoes
†Results may vary. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor. Oasis Advanced Wellness/OAWHealth does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Oasis Advanced Wellness/OAWHealth are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician of choice.