Melatonin-ND™ (formerly Melatonin Nano-Plex) is produced by beneficial probiotic organisms for enhanced bio-availability. Non-synthetic melatonin for brain, sleep and immune support.† †Individual results may vary.
What is Melatonin?
Melatonin is a hormone produced by the pineal gland, a master gland located in the center of your brain. It is secreted mostly at night during darkened hours; peaking around 2 to 3 a.m.
Melatonin is present in virtually every cell of the body, supporting immune system integrity and normal circadian rhythms. Melatonin peaks in ones earlier years, declines drastically by middle age (age 35 to 45) and is negligible in older people (over age 60).*
Benefits of Melatonin
Immune System Boost
Recent observations have shown that melatonin helps modulate estrogen receptor expression and may have a positive effect in promoting healthy breast, prostate, lung and brain cell growth.
A Powerful Antioxidant
Melatonin is a highly effective free radical scavenger. Studies show that using melatonin during times of increased free radical production (such as stress, physical exertion, chronic health concerns, etc.) can have a strong protective effect. Melatonin is readily absorbed and crosses the blood-brain barrier and the placenta, to enter the cells to prevent oxidative damage. The reduction of melatonin levels with age may be a factor in increased oxidative damage in elderly people.
The use of melatonin to promote restful sleep is well documented. Studies of low dose, oral melatonin in healthy adult volunteers showed that time to sleep onset, stage-2 sleep, and REM sleep was decreased without affecting the percentage of time in REM sleep or alertness after waking. In addition, evidence also indicates improved sleep benefits for children as well.
What Is Melatonin-ND™ Made with Probiotics?
Melatonin-ND™ is a nutritional industry first. It features melatonin in a convenient liquid form that has been cultured with beneficial probiotic organisms for active bio-availability.
Our melatonin is not animal-derived so it is suitable for everyone, including vegetarians and vegans. This formula promotes the famous benefits of melatonin: premier brain, sleep, immune and antioxidant support.
Benefits of Melatonin-ND™
- 100% natural-source melatonin produced by beneficial probiotic organisms
- May support healthy aging
- Supports the immune system
- May help reduce or eliminate jet lag
- May help regulate sleep cycles, including difficulty getting to sleep, insomnia, frequent waking up, lack of deep restful sleep, waking up tired
- This natural melatonin is produced by probiotic organisms for high bioavailability
†Individual results may vary.
Recommended Use: Take 1/4 dropper (0.25 mL) and add to 4 oz. of water before sleep, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Shake gently before use.
If you prefer to avoid alcohol, simply place recommended serving size into an equivalent amount of very hot purified water and wait 5 to 10 minutes for the alcohol to gas off.
Warning: Do not take melatonin during the daytime since it can make you feel drowsy. If you are pregnant or nursing, please consult your healthcare professional before using this product. Keep out of the reach of children.
1. Suzen S. Recent developments of melatonin related antioxidant compounds. Comb Chem High Throughput Screen. 2006 Jul;9(6):409-19.
2. Cardinali DP, Furio AM, Reyes MP. Clinical perspectives for the use of melatonin as a chronobiotic and cytoprotective agent. Ann NY Acad Sci. 2005 Dec;1057:327-36.
3. Srinivasan V, Pandi-Perumal S, Cardinali D, Poeggeler B, Hardeland R. Melatonin in Alzheimer’s disease and other neurodegenerative disorders. Behav Brain Funct. 2006;2(1):15.
4. Reiter RJ, Tan DX, Leon J, Kilic U, Kilic E. When melatonin gets on your nerves: its beneficial actions in experimental models of stroke. Exp Biol Med (Maywood.). 2005 Feb;230(2):104-17.
5. Scheer FA, Van Montfrans GA, van Someren EJ, Mairuhu G, Buijs RM. Daily nighttime melatonin reduces blood pressure in male patients with essential hypertension. Hypertension. 2004 Feb;43(2):192-7.
6. Cagnacci A, Cannoletta M, Renzi A, et al. Prolonged melatonin administration decreases nocturnal blood pressure in women. Am J Hypertens. 2005 Dec;18(12 Pt 1):1614-8.
7. [No authors listed] Melatonin. Monograph. Altern Med Rev. 2005 Dec;10(4):326-36.
8. Lissoni P, Barni S, Meregalli S, et al. Modulation of cancer endocrine therapy by melatonin: a phase II study of tamoxifen plus melatonin in metastatic breast cancer patients progressing under tamoxifen alone. Br J Cancer.1995 Apr;71(4):854-6.
9. Cos S, Gonzalez A, Martinez-Campa C, et al. Estrogen-signaling pathway: a link between breast cancer and melatonin oncostatic actions. Cancer Detect Prev. 2006;30(2):118-28.
10. Sanchez-Barcelo EJ, Cos S, Mediavilla D, et al. Melatonin-estrogen interactions in breast cancer. J Pineal Res. 2005 May;38(4):217-22.
11. Sainz RM, Mayo JC, Tan DX, Leon J, Manchester L, Reiter RJ. Melatonin reduces prostate cancer cell growth leading to neuroendocrine differentiation via a receptor and PKA independent mechanism. Prostate. 2005 Apr 1;63(1):29-43.
12. Mills E, Wu P, Seely D, Guyatt G. Melatonin in the treatment of cancer: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials and meta-analysis. J Pineal Res. 2005 Nov;39(4):360-6.
13. Lissoni P, Barni S, Mandala M, et al. Decreased toxicity and increased efficacy of cancer chemotherapy using the pineal hormone melatonin in metastatic solid tumour patients with poor clinical status. Eur J Cancer. 1999 Nov;35(12):1688-92.
14. Peres MF, Zukerman E, da Cunha TF, Moreira FR, Cipolla-Neto J. Melatonin, 3 mg, is effective for migraine prevention. Neurology. 2004 Aug 24;63(4):757.
15. Drake MJ, Mills IW, Noble JG. Melatonin pharmacotherapy for nocturia in men with benign prostatic enlargement. J Urol. 2004 Mar;171(3):1199-202.
16. Brzezinski A, Vangel MG, Wurtman RJ, et al. Effects of exogenous melatonin on sleep: a meta-analysis. Sleep Med Rev. 2005 Feb;9(1):41-50.
17. Available at: http://www.pdrhealth.com/drug_info/nmdrugprofiles/nutsupdrugs/mel_0286.shtml. Accessed March 16, 2007.
Q: What temperature is safe to keep this product?
A: Melatonin-ND™ is fine at room temperature, nor does it require refrigeration.
Q: How much sugar is in Melatonin-ND™
A: The only natural sugar in the product is from the organic molasses.
Q: How many milligrams of Melatonin are in 1/4 dropper?
A: The bottle states 2 mg.