XJ-3000C Air Purifier
The Surround Air Multi-Tech XJ-3000C Air Purifier is the ultimate in convenience and effectiveness. Uses a true HEPA filter to capture dust and allergens, a germicidal UV lamp to eliminate micro-organisms, activated carbon for smoke and odors, and an ionizer for particles and bacteria. Quiet operation, low energy usage, low replacement costs, and covers up to 500 sqft! FREE SHIPPING DIRECTLY FROM MANUFACTURER! †Results may vary.
XJ-3000C Air Purifier
What are the Benefits of the Multi-Tech XJ-3000C?
- Outperforms the Ionic Breeze in clinical tests and is less than half the price.
- Offers better dust removal and germicidal capability, at less than half the cost of the Oreck XL.
- Performed comparably to the top-rated Friedrich C-90A, yet costs $300 less.
- Come with a 3 year warranty against manufacturing defects (does not cover filter or UV lights).
- The U.S. Government Recognizes Technologies in the Multi-Tech XJ-3000C as beneficial!
- U.S. Centers of Disease Control (CDC) recommends air purifier with both HEPA Filter and UV Light. The CDC also recommends UV lights in homeless shelters to prevent the spread of disease, particularly TB (tuberculosis).
- Dept. of Homeland Security recommends HEPA air filters, along with a pre-filter to preserve the life of the HEPA filter.
- The U.S. Dept. of Agriculture found negative ions (ionizers) to be highly effective against dust and bacteria in recent studies.
XJ-3000 AT A GLANCE
- Air-cleaning technologies that are tested and recommended by Government Agencies
- 6 advanced purification technologies to remove nearly all pollutant types
- Removed 99.5% of particles in air chamber test
- High-Efficiency True HEPA filter to remove dust & allergens
- Highly-absorbent activated carbon filter for odors & chemicals
- Emits air-cleaning negative ions
- Two germ-killing UV lamps
- Programmable odor sanitizer (off by default) that has been certified to meet UL and California safety standards
- Cleanable pre-filter
Six Proven Air-Cleaning Technologies:
True HEPA Filter for the most effective protection against dust & allergens, such as pollen, ragweed, mites and mold spores. HEPA filters are recommended by the Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Centers of Disease Control.
Germicidal UV Lamp to destroy micro-organisms such as germs, viruses, bacteria and fungi (such as mold toxins). Recommended by the U.S. Centers of Disease Control and the Air Institute of Respiratory Education. Also disinfects the micro-organisms that are trapped in the HEPA filter, which is why the CDC recommends using a germicidal UV lamp and HEPA air filter together. The second UV lamp in the Multi-Tech XJ-3000C can be turned on when extra sanitization strength is needed.
Activated Carbon Filter for chemicals, gases odors and cigarette smoke. The most absorbent filter material known to man. Recommended by the Centers of Disease Control, the Dept. of Health and Human Services and the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health.
Ionizer which disperses negative ions to seek out and remove particles & bacteria from the air. Proven by government studies to be effective, and to enhance performance of filters. Found to be highly effective in multiple U.S. Dept. of Agriculture studies.
Programmable Sanitizer to neutralize powerful odors. Can be completely turned off when not needed. Includes High, Medium and Low settings for appropriate output according to need.
Anti-Bacterial Pre-Filter for larger particles, lengthening the life of the other filters. Pre-filters are recommended by the Dept. of Homeland Security.
Other Important Benefits:
Quiet Operation ensuring peace and quiet while running, even with its powerful fan.
Low Energy Usage ensuring low electricity costs, even if running the Multi-Tech continuously.
Low Replacement Costs. Just $25 to $50 per year for replacement filters and UV lamps.
Images from Smoke Removal Test Video:
The Multi-Tech cleared away the thick smoke in this air tight chamber in a matter of seconds.
Proof that it effectively and efficiently removes even fine particles from the air.
Everything You Need in an Air Purifier:
Many air purifiers are claimed to be effective, but few on the market can provide proof that they are effective. The Multi-Tech air purifier has proven to be nearly 100% effective in clinical test results.
Most Effective Dust & Allergen Filter Available.
True HEPA filters (recommended by the Dept. of Homeland Security) are more effective than any other type of air filter at capturing dust, pollen, ragweed, dust mites, mold spores and other allergens. Furthermore, in a Journal of Hygiene study, negative ions were found to improve efficiency of filter units.
A Way to Kill Micro-Organisms.
Most air purifiers do not have a way to destroy germs, viruses and other micro-organisms. A germicidal UV lamp is the most effective way to meet this requirement. UV light air purification is recommended by the U.S. Centers of Disease Control (CDC). Multi-Tech's ionizer is also effective against micro-organisms. The U.S. Dept. of Agriculture studies show that releasing high doses of negative ions into the air can effectively reduce airborn bacteria. And negative ions are completely safe.
The Ability to Remove Chemicals, Fumes & Gases.
HEPA-only air purifiers cannot remove these prominent household pollutants from the air. An activated carbon filter is necessary for this job. According to Penn State Dept. of Aerobiology researchers, carbon filters serve to remove odors, volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and chemicals that other filters cannot.
A Way to Reduce Cigarette Smoke & other Odors.
Many air purifiers also do not have an answer for most minute types of particulate, either. The Multi-Tech has multiple technologies for these miniscule pollutants and impurities, including the activated carbon filter, ionizer and programmable sanitizer.
Seeks & Destroys Pollutants Across the Room.
An ionizer (i.e. negative ion air purification) is particularly well-suited for neutralizing airborne pollutants that do not pass through the filter. The Multi-Tech circulates trillions of negative ions with a powerful fan to maximize this ability. The U.S. Dept. of Agriculture found negative ion air purification (ionizers) to be 99% effective at removing airborne dust & particles.
Certified to Be Safe.
The Multi-Tech air purifier has been awarded ETL certification, proving that it is safe to use in your home or office. It has also been certified in the state of California, and passes the UL-867 safety standard.
Like most people, you are probably too busy to remember to clean your air purifier. Fortunately, the Multi-Tech does not require maintenance, so you can get on with your life, while still experiencing pure air.
Multi-Tech XJ-3000C Specifications:
- Voltage: 100-120 VAC, 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 40 Watts (Highest Fan Setting)
- Negative Ion Output: Up to 12,000,000/cm3
- UV Wavelength: 254 nm (germicidal wavelength)
- Air Volume: 71cfm (Highest Fan Setting)
- HEPA Filter Removal Rate: 99.97% at 0.3 microns
- Dimensions (in): 15 x 13 x 7.75
- Weight (lbs): 10
- Applicable Area: Up to 300 sq. ft.
- Ozone Output: Less than 1.6 part per billion at 2" away from unit (UL standard is <50ppb)
- Warranty: 3-year warranty
- Return Policy: 30-day money-back guarantee (no restocking fees)
- Replacement Policy: 90-day replacement policy due to factory defect
Other Important Information
- Spare Filter = $36 ea. (Last 1-2 Years)
- UV Lamp = $15 ea. (Last 12-15 Months)
- Each unit covers up to 500 sq. ft.
- 3-Year Warranty
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
How Negative Ions Purify the Air
Virtually all particles in the air have a positive charge, while negative ions have a negative charge. In which case, negative ions and particles magnetically attract to one another. When there is a high enough concentration of negative ions in the air, they will attract to floating particles in large numbers. This causes the particle to become too heavy to remain airborne. As a result, the particle will fall out of the air, preventing it from being inhaled into the respiratory tract where it can trigger breathing and health problems.
The ionized particle will then be collected by normal cleaning activities, such as vacuuming or dusting. If the particle happens to be kicked back up into the air again, it will be ionized, and quickly settled out of the air once again.
In nature, negative ions are generated by processes such as sunlight, lightening, waves from the ocean, and from waterfalls. "Concrete Jungles" minimize the natural production of negative ions by disrupting the delicate electrical balance between the atmosphere and the earth. Multi-Tech air purifiers recreate them with electrode pins ("needlepoints") to electrically produce negative ions. This method produces a density that is many times higher than the negative ion level found at Niagara Falls, the highest natural producer of negative ions and one of the healthiest environments in the world.
How the Multi-Tech 3000C Works
How the air-cleaning technologies of the Multi-Tech work concert to neutralize the broad spectrum of common household pollutants.
Dirty air enters the the air inlet.
High-Efficiency Filtration: Particles & pollutants are trapped by the 3-layer filter. The anti-bacterial pre-filter (blue) destroys bacteria and traps the larger particles, lengthening the life of the other filters. The activated carbon filter (dark gray) is the best type of air filter for trapping chemicals, gases, odors and cigarette smoke. The True HEPA filter (white) is the most effective type of air filter at capturing dust/allergens.
Germicidal UV lamp (positioned behind the filters) is the most effective air purification method available for destroying micro-organisms such as germs, viruses, bacteria and fungi (including mold).
The programmable sanitizer can be turned completely off, or activated to help reduce or eliminate odors.
Two powerful & quiet fans create strong air movement (for increased air-cleaning performance), yet do not disturb your home or office with loud noise.
A safe and effective ionizer circulates trillions of negative ions to neutralize floating pollutants throughout the room. Ionizers also enhance filter performance. Plus, the Multi-Tech ionizer creates virtually no ozone whatsoever.
The purified air, along with negative ions, are accelerated into the air.
What are the Multi-Tech "XJ-3000C" Air Purifier Specifications?
Air Purification Technologies
- Air Ionizer/Negative Ions for allergens, bacteria, viruses, chemicals and more.
- HEPA Air Filter for particles including dust and mold spores.
- Germicidal UV Light for microbes such as viruses, germs, bacteria, and fungi.
- Activated Carbon Filter for chemicals, gases, cigarette smoke, and odors.
- Optional/Programmable Ozone for strong odors and filter sanitization. Can be turned completely off.
Air Ionizer Specifications
- Ionization Method: Needlepoint (ion-producing electrode pin)
- Needlepoint Composition: Stainless steel
- Negative Ion Output: 12,000,000/cm3 (trillions per second)
- Negative Ion Distribution: Air flow from fan
Room Air Filter Specifications
- Combination Filter Cartridge: Consists of HEPA, activated carbon and anti-bacterial air filters
- HEPA Air Filter: Captures 99.97% of particles at 0.3 microns
- Activated Carbon Air Filter: High absorbency
- Replacement Frequency: 1-2 years
- Replacement Filter Cost: $32 each (Also compatible with the XJ-3000A, XJ-3000D and XJ-3000E)
- Air Filter Cartridge Size: 11.25" x 5.25" x 4"
Germicidal Ultraviolet Lamp Specifications
- UV Wavelength: UV-C, the short, germicidal range of the UV wavelength that is effective at destroying the DNA cell of microorganisms.
- Nanometer Frequency: 254 nm, the ideal frequency for destroying DNA cells of microorganisms.
- UV Lamp Life: 10,000 hours (over a year)
Programmable Sanitizer Specifications
- Ozone Output Settings: Off, Low, Medium, High
- "Off" Setting: Ozone Completely Disabled. On this setting, the Multi-Tech produces virtually no ozone at all.
- "Low" Setting: Intervals of 30 sec. "ON" and 3 min. "OFF"
- "Medium" Setting: Intervals of 3 min. "ON" and 3 min. "OFF"
- "High" Setting: Continuously "ON", Maximum Ozone Concentration of 1.6 parts per billion per UL 867 Testing Protocol (UL Standard = 50 ppb)
- Speed Settings: High, Medium, and Low
- Fan Speed: 71 cfm (cubic feet per minute) with filter installed (fan speed is higher without filter installed)
Electrical / Power Consumption
- Power Consumption: 40 Watts
- Electrical: 120VAC/60Hz
- Dimensions: 15" (W) x 13" (H) x 7.75" (D)
- Weight: 10 lbs.
- Cord Length: 72"
- Square Footage Covered: 500 sq. ft.
- Heavy Pollution: Derate to 250 sq. ft. in heavily polluted environments
- Timer Option: 1, 2, and 4 Hours (If not set, will run continuously)
- Sanitizer: Off, Low, Medium, and High Settings (Multi-Tech produces virtually no ozone at all on "Off" setting.)
- Power: On/Off
- Fan Speed: Low, Medium, High
Enclosure / Housing
- Enclosure Composition: Environmentally-Safe Corrosion-Resistant ABS Plastic
†Results may vary.