This quick, simple and no-hassle vegetable side is perfect for weeknights or even when special guests are invited for dinner. Baby carrots tossed in fresh chopped sage and roasted, finished with a drizzle of fresh lemon juice. This dish is definitely considered light and zingy. Citrus and Sage Roasted Baby Carrots will easily become a fav at your house.
(Always use organic ingredients when available.)
- 8 cups baby carrots
- 3 tbl fresh chopped sage
- 1 tbl dried orange peel (optional)
- Juice of half a lemon
- Coconut oil to coat
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Mix all ingredients except the lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Spread out the coated carrots in a single layer on a large lined baking sheet.
- Roast until just done at about 20 minutes or for longer if you want them a little browned.
- Squeeze the fresh lemon juice over the carrots before serving.