- The colon, also called the “large intestine,” is the end of the digestive tract. It is a muscular tube about 1.6 meters (5.5 feet) in length and 6.5 cm (2.5 inches) in diameter.
- It is estimated that if you live 80 years and eat just 1 kilo (2.2 pounds) of food per day, you will have eaten 29,200 kilos (64,240 pounds) of food in your lifetime!
- Instructions for the use of enemas are found in the Edwin Smith Papyrus from around 1700 BCE and the Elbers Papyrus in the 14th century BCE.
- In cultures with 70g of daily fiber consumption there is no colon disease. Even the American Medical Association and National Cancer Institute recommend that a healthy diet includes 20-30g fiber daily.
- Constipation is one of the most common health complaints in the United States, and it affects men, women, and children. It is a bit more common in women than in men, and this is probably due to the frequency of constipation that often accompanies pregnancy. It also seems to be more common in senior citizens, probably as a result of less physical activity and certain medications that are commonly taken by geriatrics.
- Approximately 100 million people in the United States suffer from constipation and that these people spend $700 million yearly on constipation-relief products. What a shame, when constipation is easily avoided through healthy diet and cleansing.
Constipation Quotes from Natural Health Experts
“Increasing fiber consumption should be a first priority for everyone. The facts are overwhelming…Medical professionals should recommend the use of fiber to all their patients.” Louise Tenny, Master Herbalist
“The bowel-wise person is the one who is armed with good knowledge, practices discrimination in his eating habits and walks the path of the higher life. His days are blessed with health, vitality, optimism and the fulfillment of life’s goals. He is a blessing and source of inspiration to family and associates. His cheerful disposition comes from having a vital, toxin-free body made possible by the efficient, regular, and cleansing action of a loved and well-cared for bowel.” Dr. Bernard Jensen
“Infirmity and sickness, at any age, is the direct result of loading up the body with food which contains no vitality, and at the same time allowing the intestines to remain loaded with waste matter.” Dr. Norman Walker , inventor of “juicing”
“Dis-ease symptoms are an effort of the body to eliminate waste, mucus and toxemia. This system assists Nature in the most perfect and natural way. Not the dis-ease but the body is to be healed; it must be cleansed, freed from waste and foreign matter, from mucus and toxemia- accumulated since childhood.” Professor Arnold Ehret
“Of the 22,000 operations I have personally performed, I have never found a single normal colon and of the 100,000 that were performed under my jurisdiction, not over 6 percent were normal.” John Harvey Kellog, M.D.
“If people would take care of their body and cleanse their colon and intestines, their problems would be pretty much eliminated.” Dr. George C. Crile
“80% of my patients were well just after doing my thorough bowel cleansing program.” Richard Schulze, ND, MH
“I believe that a toxic elimination system is the most common cause of ill health today, and the most dangerous. Fortunately it is also treatable.” Linda Berry, D.C. and popular cleansing author
“Get checked for hypothyroidism, especially if you’re a woman over 40. Constipation is one of the hidden symptoms of hyopothyroidism.” Joseph Mercola, DO
“If the sewer system in your home is backed up, your entire home is affected. Should it be any different with your body?” Norman Walker, DSc
“The colon is the gateway to health or disease.” Edward F Group III, DC, ND author The Green Body Cleanse
“It is my sincere belief that one of the bowel’s greatest enemies in civilized society is the ergonomic nightmare known as the toilet.” Dr. Bernard Jensen
“Prior to the 1950s it was quite common for an enema to be administered to any patient arriving at a hospital, as it sets the foundation for rejuvenation by removing toxic debris.” Dr. David Jubb
“Constipation can undermine the whole body, including the immune system, and it is now known that irregular bowel movements can be directly related to serious health conditions as well as emotional issues such as depression.”
Loretta Lanphier, NP, CN, HHP, CH
“Of all the polite topics of conversation, the state of one’s intestines is probably at the bottom of most people’s lists. Let’s face it: Irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, gas, diverticulitis and colon cancer are simply not things we like to discuss. And yet, as the old expression goes, death begins in the colon. Don’t believe it? Ask any coroner. Autopsies often reveal colons that are plugged up to 80 percent with waste material.” – Vegetarian Times, March, 1998
“Constipation–this most common disease–has not decreased or improved in spite of thousands of remedies for sale on the market, and in spite of so-called medical science; simply, because the “diet of civilization” is unnatural. The human intestines are not organized at all for this unnatural food to either digest it perfectly, or to expel the unused residue.” Pro. Arnold Ehret – author The Definite Cure of Chronic Constipation