Clean and fresh air in our homes is always important, but especially during the holidays when we have guests coming and going. And let’s face it, with the cold weather we are not able to air-out our homes very often. Below are some wonderful and may I say “easy” DIY natural room scents that will scent and freshen up the air in your home “naturally” without the use of harmful and chemical-laden fragrances.
1. Simple Orange Pomanders – Make natural, smell-good ornaments to hang on your Christmas tree by evenly scoring orange skins and slowly dehydrating the fruits.
2. Table planter pots – Red berries (can also use cranberries) with rosemary sprigs, candle and moss in planter pots. Great for individual place settings.
3. Evergreen Candle – Take a glass container, glue bits of fresh greenery around it, and set candles inside to combine the freshness of greenery with the welcoming warmth of candlelight. Place several on your holiday table, around the living area or on the buffet.
4. Natural Room Scent Jars for your home, DIY Gifts & Centerpieces – All natural, gorgeous and will make any room in your home smell awesome (think bathrooms, too). Consider giving these room scent jars as gifts to teachers, neighbors & co-workers, or take them along to a party for a host/hostess gift. Complete instructions at The Yummy Life.
5. Smells like Christmas Plus Simmer Recipe – 2 sliced oranges; 1 cup cranberries; 3 Cinnamon sticks; 1 TBSP whole cloves. Bring 2-3 cups of purified water to boil. Add ingredients. Simmer on low and soon your home will smell wonderful – without chemicals. This can also be done in a slow cooker on simmer.
6. Natural Burlap Large Bow – 17.5 x 12.5 burlap bow. Add cranberries and springs of fresh greenery, rosemary or cinnamon sticks for the perfect natural embellishment for your Christmas Decor.
7. Therapeutic Aromatherapy Diffuser – Aromatherapy diffusers are becoming more and more popular as a healthy and natural way to deliver pure essential oils. Be forewarned that you will find many different types on the market. Some are truly diffusers but many are basically just humidifiers. Therapeutic aromatherapy diffusers are heat-free and water-free and diffuse very fine droplets of essential oil into the room. Make sure the one you pick also an automatic timer and no plastic parts. Diffusing essential oils using a therapeutic Aromatherapy Diffuser can help keep the air in your home healthy and smelling absolutely glorious!
Enjoy the Thanksgiving and Christmas season with the above easy DIY Natural Room Scents. Remember that using natural room scents to get a fresh and clean smelling home is not only relaxing and healthy, but can even help keep you and your loved ones calm and refreshed during the all-too-often stressful holiday season.