E3AFA is the dried form of Aphanizomenon flos-aquae (blue green algae). Convenient capsules make E3AFA great for traveling. Certified Organic and Kosher and packaged in vegetarian capsules (no gelatin, purely vegan!). 240 capsules (400mg). †Results may vary.
powder form of E3Live in vegetarian capsules
E3AFA is the world’s most nutritional, highest quality powder form of AFA (100% Aphanizomenon flos-aquae, Latin for "invisible flower of the water") — a certified organic wild harvested Nutrient Dense AquaBotanical™ considered by world renowned health authorities to be nature's most beneficial superfood.
Our convenient and easy powder and vegetarian (no gelatin) capsule forms of AFA are great for traveling and camping when refrigeration for E3Live is unavailable. Many enjoy both dry E3AFA and liquid E3Live on a daily basis.
Physiologically, E3Live may help support overall body/mind balance in numerous ways. Its field of action simultaneously includes the immune, endocrine, nervous, gastro-intestinal and cardio-vascular systems.*
Nutritionally, E3Live provides 65 vitamins, minerals, amino acids and essential fatty acids.** It is the most nutrient dense food known to mankind.* E3Live is a gift of nature, a miracle food.
E3AFA may promote
- Increased energy, vitality and endurance*
- Support of a healthy mood balance and ability to manage everyday stress*
- Support of healthy intestinal and digestive systems*
- Faster recovery time after exercise*
- Restored overall biochemical balance* †
- Long-lasting energy boost*††
- Support for a healthy immune system*
- Support of healthy skin, nails, and hair*
†Dr. Gabriel Cousens, Director, Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center
††Dr. Fred Bisci, nationally renowned health lecturer
1 cup purified water (for low calorie), or 1 cup fresh almond milk (for protein)
1/2 cup organic frozen fruit, any kind (optional if you want a cold, frozen smoothie)
1 tsp vanilla
1-2 tbs E3Live, or 2-6 capsules of E3AFA, or 1-3 tsp of E3AFA powder
Mix all in a blender and enjoy!
E3AFA™ is the dried form of Aphanizomenon flos-aquae. Great for traveling. Certified Organic and Kosher, in vegetarian capsules (no gelatin, purely vegan!). One bottle contains 240 capsules (400mg).
E3AFA™ (Vegetable Capsules)
Ingredients: 100% Aphanizomenon flos-aquae, a Nutrient Dense Aqua Botanical (blue-green algae). Capsules also contain Vegetarian capsules (plant cellulose and water).
Not only is E3AFA™ Aphanizomenon flos-aquae a beneficial whole food supplement, it will compliment other personal care products and can be added to many topically applied skin and hair care products for increased nutrition.
- VITAMIN B1 - Thiamine 4.70mcg* A protein builder that helps give hair shine, volume and good texture. Enhances circulation to bring nutrients to the scalp and nails.
- VITAMIN B2 - Riboflavin 57.30mcg* Stimulates health and growth of hair, nails, skin cells. Helps eyes by bringing oxygen to body tissues. Can help eliminate dandruff. May aid in preventing hair loss.
- VITAMIN B3 -Niacin .065mg* Supports healthy hair, nail and skin by aiding in digestion and improving circulation.
- VITAMIN B5 - Pantothenic Acid 130.00mcg* Helps produce full, healthy hair and stronger nails by stimulating vitamin utilization and releasing energy from food. With Folic Acid, it can help to restore your hair's natural color and may aid in preventing hair loss.
- VITAMIN B6 - Pyridoxine 11.10mcg* Supports the growth of red blood cells that are important for healthy hair, scalp, and nail maintenance. Helps prevent dandruff. May aid in preventing hair loss.
- VITAMIN B12 - Cobalamine 8.00mcg* Stimulates health and growth of hair, nails, skin cells. Helps eyes by bringing oxygen to body tissues. Can help eliminate dandruff. May aid in preventing hair loss.
- FOLIC ACID 1.00mcg* Helps maintain healthy hair, nails and skin. May aid in preventing hair loss. With Pantothenic acid, may delay graying of hair.
- VITAMIN C - 6.70mg* Supports hair and nail growth by improving circulation. Useful as treating dandruff. May aid in preventing hair loss.
- VITAMIN E - Tocopherol 1.70iu* Key to hair health, nail growth and supple skin by supplying oxygen to the body and improving circulation. Helps combat dandruff. May aid in preventing hair loss.
- COPPER 4.30mcg* Necessary for healthy hair, stronger nails. An important anti-graying agent.
- IRON 350.70mcg* Helps maintain healthy hair, nails and skin tone. May aid in preventing hair loss.
- SELENIUM 0.67mcg* Helps in treatment and prevention of dandruff. Necessary for healthy hair and nails. May also increase the elastic youthfulness of the skin and be helpful in removing age spots. When taken in the natural AFA form of selenomethionine, skin cancer incidence from ultraviolet light may also be reduced.
- SILICON 186.50mcg* This is a useful raw material for strengthening the human skin.
- ZINC 18.70mcg* Stimulates hair and nail growth. Aids in preventing hair loss. May help treat and prevent dandruff.
- BIOTIN 0.30mcg* Helps produce healthy-looking hair and nails.
- LYSINE 35.00mg* An essential amino acid. Along with vitamin E and iron, lysine helps form collagen, an important skin protein.
- METHIONINE 7.00mg* Methionine is the rarest of the essential amino acids. Its sulfur content makes it important for skin and nail growth.
- GLYCINE 29.00mg* Glycine is a nonessential amino acid but has many healing properties. It is used orally and in ointments to heal wounds because skin collagen is a protein that requires high amounts of glycine.
- • PROLINE 29.00mg* A nonessential amino acid and a main component of collagen. Proline is helpful in skin, seems to help in wound healing, as does glycine, because proline increases collagen synthesis.
- SERINE 29.00mg* Serine is needed in the formation of the phospholipids of cell membranes and contributes to "membrane fluidity." It is good for the skin and has even been used as a natural moisturizer in skin creams.
- AROTENE 2000iu* Protects the cell membranes and stimulates the growth of new skin cells.
- CHROMIUM 0.53mg* Helps with acne
*Indicates amount contained in 1 gram of E3Live™ Aphanizomenon flos-aquae
**These statements are not evaluated by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration. These products, and the information contained at this website, are not intended to treat, cure or prevent any disease.
†Results may vary.
Glass Bottle: 240 vegetarial capsules
Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Suggested Use: Store in a cool dry place. Start with 1 capsule per day, gradually increasing to 2 capsules or more as needed, based on your individual needs. Take before or after a meal, early in the day.
Important: Drink plenty of pure water throughout the day. If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use. Do not use if safety seal is broken.
no additives or preservatives
If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use.
Scientific Research Findings Regarding AFA
Study of AFA and the Immune System
Consumption of Aphanizomenon flos-aquae Has Rapid Effects on the Circulation and Function of Immune Cells in Humans
A novel approach to nutritional mobilization of the immune system Gitte S. Jensen,1 Donald 1. Ginsberg,1 Patricia Huerta,1 Monica Citton,1 and Christian Drapeau 2,3 1Department of Surgery, McGill University, Montreal Quebec 2Cell Tech, Klamath Falls, or 3Current Address: Desert Lake Technologies, Klamath Falls, OR
To examine the short-term effects of consumption of a moderate amount (1.5 grams) of the blue green algae Aphanizomenon flos-aquae (AFA), on the immune system.
Using a crossover placebo-controlled, randomized, double-blinded design, 21 volunteers were studied, including 5 long-term AFA consumers.
Consumption of a moderate amount (1.5 grams) of the blue-green algae Aphanizomenon flos-aquae results in rapid changes in immune cell trafficking. Two hours after AFA consumption, a generalized mobilization of lymphocytes and monocytes, but not polymorph nucleated cells was observed. This included increases in CD3+, CD4+, and CD8+ T cell subsets and CD19+ B cells. In addition, the relative proportions and absolute numbers of natural killer (NK) cells were reduced after AFA consumption. No changes were observed in the relative proportions of n6ve versus memory T cells, neither in the CD4 or the CD8 fractions. A mild, but significant reduction in phagocytic activity was observed for polymorph nucleated cells. When freshly purified lymphocytes were exposed to AFA extract in vitro, direct activation was not induced, as evaluated by tyrosine phosphorylation and proliferative activity.
The changes in immune cell trafficking displayed high degree of cell specificity. Long-term consumers responded stronger, with respect to altered immune cell trafficking. In vitro, AFA did not induce a direct activation of lymphocytes. These data support a signaling pathway from gut-to-CNS-to-lymphoid tissue. The signals from CNS may be crucial for the rapid changes in the general distribution and specific recruitment we observed. Moderate anti-inflammatory modulation may account for the modification of phagocytic activity.
Consumption of AFA leads to rapid changes in immune cell trafficking, but not direct activation of lymphocytes. Thus, AFA increases the immune surveillance without directly stimulating the immune system.
JANA, vol. 2, No. 3, 2000, pp. 50-58
AFA Research - Brief Summaries
Recently there have been many scientifically-controlled studies analyzing the immune enhancing properties of Aphanizomenon flos-aquae (AFA) from Klamath Lake, Oregon. The following institutions have known research underway:
- McGill University
- Boston University
- The University of New Mexico
- The Royal Victoria Hospital in Montreal
In a recent double-blind, cross-over study at the Royal Victoria Hospital and led by Dr. Gette Jenson, they discovered that Blue Green Algae uniquely supports the healthy function of the immune system.
The following are brief summaries of other scientific studies:
- Royal Victoria Hospital, affiliated with McGill University (Montreal) - Double-blind placebo-controlled study. Eating Aphanizomenon flos-aquae may help stimulate the circulatory system.
- University of New Mexico - placebo controlled study. After eating Aphanizomenon flos-aquae for a period of one month, intestinal function can improve. Another placebo-contolled study suggests that eating Aphanizomenon flos-aquae can stimulate specific areas of the brain for increased mental alertness.
An Exciting New Discovery!
Recently the first stage of an extensive research project carried out at the Royal Victoria Hospital in Montreal, Canada produced some remarkable results. The project studies the effect of Aphanizomenon flos-aquae on the immune and endocrine systems, as well as on general blood physiology. It was discovered that eating AFA had a profound and unique effect on Natural Killer (NK) cells. The results were recently published under the title: Effects of the Blue Green Algae Aphanizomenon flos-aquae on Human Natural Killer Cells. It appears in Chapter 3.1 of the IBC Library Series, Volume 1911, Phytoceuticals: Examining the health benefit and pharmaceutical properties of natural antioxidants and phytochemicals.
NK cells have the ability to search for and recognize cells that are cancerous or have been infected by a virus, and kill them. The team of research scientists at the Royal Victoria Hospital, led by Dr. Gitte S. Jensen, discovered that eating Aphanizomenon flos-aquae triggers the movement of 40% of the circulating NK cells from the blood to the tissues where their main function is to perform immune surveillance and eliminate cancerous and virally-infected cells. Further research may prove that eating a small amount of AFA every day could assist in the prevention of cancer and viral infections. No other substance is known to trigger such a movement of NK cells in the body. This is very exciting news! We hope you will share it with everyone you know!
Current Research has discovered:
*Phenylethylamine (PEA) is known as the "molecule of love." Beside enhancing concentration and attention, PEA is a natural mood elevator and anti-depressant. *Phycocyanin, is the blue pigment in AFA, which is a natural selective COX-2 inhibitor with strong anti-inflammatory properties. *AFA contains a polysaccharide that stimulates the migration of immune cells in the body; the only natural compound known to stimulate immune cell migration. But the most extraordinary discover is the ability of AFA to stimulate stem cell release and migration, making AFA the first natural compound known to stimulate the natural innate phenomenon of healing, regeneration and repair in the human body.
1. What is E3AFA™?
There's only one ingredient in E3AFA™, and that's 100% Aphanizomenon flos-aquae (AFA for short), an edible freshwater plant. AFA is at the very foundation of the entire food chain.
Although it has been eaten for centuries by indigenous peoples, for the first time in history, AFA - nature's most basic food - is available in it's complete, vital, dried form.
Aphanizomenon flos-aquae (AFA), (means invisible flower of the water) is a fresh water nutritional plant referred to as cyanophyta. Cyanophyta are living water plants that grow in nearly all droplets of sunlit water and in every gram of soil, on the bark of trees and the surfaces of rocks. It is estimated that there are as many as 50,000 species, including various seaweeds and plankton.
Collectively, cyanophyta are responsible for 90% of the Earth's oxygen and 80% of its food supply. Perhaps the most interesting of these unicellular plants are the cyanophyta community, of which there are about 1500 species--the Upper Klamath Lake, Aphanizomenon flos-aquae, or AFA for short, being one of them. AFA is a very special form of cyanophyta. All foods reflect the environment in which they are grown. The beautiful, unpolluted Upper Klamath Lake-one of the few remaining alkaline lakes on the planet holds the key to it's remarkable potency.
This lake has an astonishingly high mineral concentration due to a massive volcanic eruption that occurred covering the area with millions of tons of mineral ash. Seventeen streams and rivers deposit into the 140 square mile lake an annual average of 50,000 tons of the mineral-rich silt from the surrounding 4000 square mile volcanic basin, making Upper Klamath Lake one of the richest nutrient traps in the world.
Much has been learned about this amazing food since it became available as a food source over 20 years ago. There are more benefits being discovered every day as this cyanophyta is introduced to the medical and scientific communities.
2. How can E3AFA™ help with my specific medical condition?
As with anything concerning your health, it is best to consult with your healthcare professional prior to consuming E3Live™ or E3AFA™ if you have any concerns regarding your health or a specific medical condition.
3. What's the difference between E3Live™ and E3AFA™?
Both are 100% Aphanizomenon flos-aquae (AFA) a freshwater plant harvested from Klamath Lake in Oregon.
E3Live™ is the frozen/liquid form of the AFA which is superior to all other forms of AFA. Vision is the only company to offer AFA in this fresh frozen form.
E3AFA™ is the Refractance-Window dried crystal flake form of the AFA, which comes as either vegetarian capsules or loose powder-like crystal flakes.
Both are excellent foods. E3Live™'s live liquid form is closest to its natural high-energy state found in nature and is the ideal way to consume AFA. Our Refractance-Window drying method retains much of AFA's original nutritional and energetic properties. We recommend our Refractance-Window dried E3AFA™ to Further boost nutritional intake, as well as for your convenience at work and while traveling if refrigeration is not available.
4. What's the difference between E3AFA™ and man-made nutritional supplements? E3AFA™ is a whole, organic freshwater plant found in the wild that has both discovered and undiscovered nutrients. These nutrients are 97% fully assimilated. Only a fraction of the vitamin content of more expensive "health food vitamins" are actually absorbed by the body. Man-made supplements only contain what the formulators choose to include. 5. How is E3AFA™ different from other brands of AFA from Klamath Lake? E3Live™ is the only AFA that is live, liquid and delivered to you closest to its natural state. E3Live™ is selectively gathered by our expert harvesters, and collected from only the deepest, most pristine waters of Upper Klamath Lake. We harvest only at peak times of optimal growth, when the AFA is the heartiest, healthiest and most vibrant. Harvesting AFA is an art AND a science. We discovered that the strongest and freshest AFA possesses the highest life-force. The benefits of AFA are directly proportional to the quality of the harvesting source, and how the AFA is handled at every step of the process. We take pride in knowing that we bring you the most potent and powerful AFA in the world. 6. How are Vision's harvesting & filtering methods superior Vision's superior harvesting and proprietary filtration methods ensure the absolute highest quality. Our AFA is selectively harvested so that only the purest, most vibrant blooms are gathered. Starting at our harvest site, E3Live™ is immediately chilled to preserve its natural vitality and highest nutritional value. We work hand-in-hand with the most experienced, conscientious harvesters and knowledgeable researchers in the world. 7. How is the consistent quality of E3 products assured? From the moment we harvest the AFA, to its final packaging, we work with only the most highly trained and qualified staff. We handle our AFA with such care from start to finish. Factors contributing to this quality include: where and how we harvest, keeping the AFA cold at all times, superior filtration and storage, and ongoing quality-control testing of all of our products. All E3 products are tested thoroughly by independent USDA certified labs for food safety, shelf-life and various other purity tests. The benefits of Aphanizomenon flos-aquae are directly related to the care and attention given to sourcing and harvesting the product. Our quality care begins with the selection of the freshest AFA "blooms" from pristine Eagle Ridge. The harvesting is quickly followed by rapid chilling of the AFA to 34 to 37 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, our E3AFA™ is Further purified by careful centrifugation, leaving a product chilled and scrupulously clean. E3Live™ is handled more expeditiously from harvest to freezer than any competitive product. Our quality control parameters, coupled with our proprietary final processing, yields the Lake's most potent source of AFA. Unless you know the source of your AFA, there is no guarantee of quality. E3Live™ and other E3AFA™ products are harvested by the most competent harvesting team, and staff of engineers in our industry.
8. Can I feed AFA to my pets?
Absolutely. In fact, both the liquid E3Live™ and our E3AFA™ Refractance-Window dried form are favorites among veterinarians who successfully treat nutritional deficiencies in dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, horses, and other animals. Benefits are especially seen in older animals, bringing back youthfulness and a higher quality of life.
Horse owners love E3Live™ for the changes seen in hooves, coats and the overall health of their horses.
If you love your pet, you'll love E3Live™. There is no other pet food that dares to give an unconditional one-year guarantee that you will "See the Difference!"
9. How does E3Live™ & E3AFA™ work?
Because people report AFA helps such a wide range of physical and mental symptoms, it's easy to fall into a "magic bullet" mentality associated with pharmaceutical drugs. AFA doesn't work that way. Aphanizomenon flos-aquae is an extraordinary food, not a drug or synthesized vitamin.
Artificial drugs are synthesized in the laboratory to produce specific effects on targeted cells, organs, or body functions. Though some drugs save lives, unfortunately, some drugs also create unwanted side-effects.
In contrast, Nature's innate wisdom works through AFA's full spectrum of over 64 perfectly balanced, naturally occurring vitamins, minerals, amino acids (protein) and essential fatty acids. AFA helps restore overall biological balance and nourishes the body at the cellular level. AFA is 97% absorbable by the body, compared to man-made vitamins which are only 5% to 25% absorbable. Without any toxicity or side-effects, this is how AFA can have so many beneficial nutritional and energetic effects throughout the body.
10. When (after eating E3AFA™) will I notice a difference?
The beneficial effects of E3Live™ and E3AFA™ in your body can be subtle as it works to provide long-term protection and well-being.
Some people may experience noticeable changes within a few weeks of use – others may notice differences right away or, conversely, notice no effect whatsoever.
It is important to maintain a healthy diet and exercise regularly in order to reap the full, long-term benefits of AFA. And, while the benefits of consuming AFA may not always be visibly manifested, be assured its phyto-nutrients are working "behind the scenes" throughout your body’s internal systems.
11. Can pregnant or nursing mothers use E3AFA™?
We recommend that pregnant or nursing women consult with their medical or healthcare.