This recipe for Refreshing Pomegranate Sweet Orange Iced Tea is not only delicious, but also very healthy. The health benefits of pomegranates are boundless. Pomegranates get high marks in the delicious column. Pomegranates provide anti-oxidant, anti-viral and anti-tumor benefits as well as being a great source of vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, magnesium, potassium and folic acid. Another health benefit of pomegranate is that it consists of three times as many antioxidants as green tea or wine.
The Tazo Wild Sweet Orange Caffeine-Free Tea, which can be purchased online or from a health food store, is a naturally-sourced herbal blend of Lemongrass, Blackberry Leaves, Rose Hips, Spearmint Leaves, Orange Peel, Hibiscus Flowers, Rose Petals, Natural Orange Essence, Ginger Root, Licorice Root, Licorice Extract. All of these herbs provide great health benefits while coming together to make a great tasting caffeine-free herbal tea.
Refreshing Pomegranate Sweet Orange Iced Tea Recipe
Yield 4 Glasses
(Always use organic ingredients when available.)
1-2 Organic Pomegranates
4 Tea bags of Tazo Wild Sweet Orange Ice Tea
2 tsp freshly squeezed Organic Lime Juice
Healthy Sweetener of choice (raw honey, Xylitol, etc.)
4 Orange or Lime Slices for decorating the tea glasses
Hot purified water (amount determined by size of glasses)
RELATED: Amazing Benefits of Pomegranate
- Remove seeds from pomegranate(s).
- Take pomegranate seeds & crush in a blender for one minute.
- Use a strainer to separate pomegranate juice from seeds.
- In a pan add pomegranate juice and sweetener of choice. Keep heat on simmer 10 mins.
- Add lime juice and stir for another 2 mins.
- Remove from heat & place mixture in a cup to cool down.
- Place one tea bag into each of the 4 glasses and cover with hot water (leave room for ice cubes).* Leave the tea bags in for 3-4 mins. Tea will be bitter if left in for a longer time.
- Use a spoon & fork to squeeze bags and then remove tea bags.
- Add an equal amount of the pomegranate mix to each glass of tea.
- Mix well & put aside to cool for 30 mins.
- Add ice to each glass. Fill with cooled tea. Decorate with Orange or Lime slices.
- Serve & Enjoy!
*If you would like to make up more than one glass at a time, place 8 cups of hot purified water over 8 bags of the Wild Sweet Orange Ice Tea. Allow to simmer for 3-4 minutes. Remove tea bags. Add the pomegranate mix and stir. Allow to cool before adding ice cubes.