July Health Recipes: Summer Thirst Quenchers
Tropical Mango Sparkler
Makes about 2 drinks
- 1 cup fresh, organic ripe mango
- 1 cup organic freshly squeezed pineapple juice
- juice of one organic lime
- crushed ice
- R.W. Knudsen Mango Fandango Spritzer (available at Whole Foods)
Purée mango, pineapple and lime juices with crushed ice. Pour into glasses and top with chilled spritzer.
Josh's Vanilla Melonade
- 2 juiced organic lemons (or 1 peeled lemon)
- 1/4 of a medium organic watermelon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 cubes of ice
- Mint and/or lime wedge (garnish)
Crush the ice with lemon juice (or water if using a peeled lemon). Add the watermelon chunks and finally the teaspoon of vanilla and blend.