There is just nothing better on a hot summer evening than a piece of cold, thirst-quenching and sweet watermelon. Well, except a cold and wonderfully sweet watermelon smoothie with mint! I’ll admit that I could easily become a watermelon junkie. Watermelon is my fav fruit and I’ve found that adding a bit of mint and vanilla even makes it better. Usually I’m not a huge fan of mint in smoothies, but in this case, mint gives a very flavorful “kick” to this watermelon mint smoothie. Delicious!!
Did You Know?
By weight, watermelon is the most consumed melon in the United States, followed by cantaloupe and honeydew.
Watermelon Smoothie with Mint Recipe
- 2-3 cups, tightly packed, diced seedless COLD watermelon (organic is best)
- 1 tablespoon fresh organic mint leaves
- 1/4-1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 4 to 6 ice cubes (if wanted)
- Place all of the ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend until frothy, about one minute. Pour into a glass, and garnish with watermelon balls and some mint leaves. Serve immediately.
- In advance, freeze some watermelon in ice cube trays and place a few into your smoothie.
Options: Not a fan of watermelon? Substitute fresh cantaloupe or honeydew for the watermelon.