Breakfast or snack time does not have to be boring especially when you can choose this healthy avocado smoothie with pistachio and strawberries recipe. Healthy fats and the antioxidant benefits of strawberries makes this scrumptious smoothie satisfying, healthy and refreshing. And, guess what — it’s also quick and easy! How about trying one tomorrow?
Avocado Smoothie with Pistachio and Strawberries Recipe
Serves 2 | Always use organic ingredients when available.
- 1 avocado
- 2 – 3 cups cold almond milk (or other healthy milk)
- 1/3 cup pistachios, in powder consistency (you can adjust this amount) (Use a VitaMix or coffee bean grinder)
- handful of frozen organic strawberries or fresh strawberries
- raw honey or other healthy sweetener, if almond milk is unsweetened
- Cut avocado in half. Scoop out pulp and discard seed.
- If using fresh strawberries, wash them thoroughly.
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Adjust amount of almond milk according to the thickness you prefer. I found 2 cups to be too thick and 3 cups has a more liquid consistency.
- This smoothie is best when cold. Add a few ice cubes, if needed.
Original Recipe and Picture – Apron and Sneakers
Loretta Lanphier is a Naturopathic Practitioner (Traditional), Certified Clinical Nutritionist, Holistic Health Practitioner and Certified Clinical Herbalist as well as the CEO / Founder of Oasis Advanced Wellness in The Woodlands TX. She has studied and performed extensive research in health science, natural hormone balancing, anti-aging techniques, nutrition, natural medicine, weight loss, herbal remedies, non-toxic cancer support and is actively involved in researching new natural health protocols and products. A 14 year stage 3 colon cancer survivor, Loretta is able to relate to both-sides-of-the-health-coin as patient and practitioner when it comes to health and wellness. “My passion is counseling others about what it takes to keep the whole body healthy using natural and non-toxic methods.” Read Loretta’s health testimony Cancer: The Path to Healing
. Loretta is Contributor and Editor of the worldwide E-newsletter Advanced Health & Wellness
†Results may vary. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor. Oasis Advanced Wellness/OAWHealth does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Oasis Advanced Wellness/OAWHealth are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician of choice.