Stress-Free Christmas Gifts
Christmas gifts can be the most stressful parts of the Christmas celebration. Focusing on gifts that "give" throughout the year can be some of the most thoughtful presents that a person will receive. And gifts that introduce the recipient to something "new" are always appreciated.
Below are some ideas that I have collected throughout the years and seem to always be "hits" with seniors, young people and even children. Enjoy!
1) Magazine subscription
2) Lessons in a particular craft or hobby
3) Spa treatment gift certificate
5) Gift cards to Barnes & Noble, Amazon.com, etc.
6) Fruit Of The Month clubs
7) Membership to Organic wine club
8) Healthy restaurant gift certificate
9) Organic/Natural skin care (Lanique Botanicals is my personal favorite!)
10) Certificate for a free make-up lesson
11) Movie gift passes
12) Movie rental gift certificates
13) Gift certificate for classes in Pilates, Yoga, Fitness Club
14) Professional maid for a day
15) Organic tea sampler
16) Gift certificate to Whole Foods
17) Homemade gift baskets. (Possible themes – spa, manicure/pedicure, movie night, sewing, gardening, different types of organic popcorn, homemade cookie mix, wine, gourmet coffee, candles, baking supplies, tools, organic soaps)
18) Homemade gift baskets for children. (Possible themes – cars & trucks, baby doll accessories, movie night, skating, my first garden, sports, cds)
19) Drawing lessons
20) Musical instrument lessons
21) Dance lessons
22) Fish (be sure to get parent's permission)
23) Handmade gifts
24) Begin a tradition of giving grandchildren a personal ornament each year. When they are ready to leave home they will have a nice collection, not to mention memories, connected to each ornament.
25) Health/Nutriton E-Books
26) Gift certificate for baby-sitting (great for grandparents to give to new parents)
27) Gift certificate to spouse for a night out (meaning that YOU make all the arrangements when the recipient is ready to "redeem" it!)
28) Gift certificate to children for a whole day with Dad/Mom
29) Gift certificate to amusement park, water park, zoo, etc.
30) Library card