I don’t know about you, but some (okay, most) mornings I just don’t have time to prepare a a sit-down breakfast. So if you find yourself skimping on a healthy breakfast because of time, this recipe for banana-almond butter-oatmeal smoothie is your answer. Not only is it easy, quick and filling, feel free to add or subtract ingredients that appeal most to your family. The gluten-free oats and organic almond butter (protein) will help you to stay satisfied right up until lunch.
Oatmeal is heart healthy, raw honey is enzyme rich and the banana adds a great shot of potassium. These healthy ingredients make banana-almond butter-oatmeal smoothie a nutrient-dense smoothie good for both children and adults. Did I mention it’s also delicious?
I’ve also been know to make this breakfast smoothie for a mid-afternoon snack and pick-me-up. It’s refreshing and gives me just the energy I need to make it until dinner. It also makes a great after-school nutrient-dense snack for your children.
Below is the banana-almond butter-oatmeal smoothie recipe. As I mentioned above, feel free to add or subtract ingredients. If you like a smoothie that is very smooth, add 1/2 of an avocado which will also provide you with healthy fat. And don’t worry, your children/hubby will never know there is avocado in this great-tasting breakfast smoothie.
Banana-Almond Butter-Oatmeal Smoothie Recipe
- 1/2 cup certified gluten free oats
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened organic coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1-2 tsp organic almond butter (raw almond butter recipe)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Options: 1/2 avocado; dash of cinnamon or other favorite spice.
- Add the gluten-free oats into your blender (Vitamix is the one I use and recommend) and blend until the oats become a fine powder.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- You may want to add a bit of ice made from purified water for a colder smoothie.
- Add more liquid for a thinner smoothie.
- Pour into glass, add a colorful straw and enjoy on your way to work, school or the gym.
†Results may vary. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor. Oasis Advanced Wellness/OAWHealth does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Oasis Advanced Wellness/OAWHealth are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician of choice.