This quick, simple, and healthy vegetable side dish is perfect for weeknights or even when special guests are invited for dinner. This healthy recipe consists of organic baby carrots tossed with fresh chopped sage, orange peel, then roasted, finished with a drizzle of fresh lemon juice, and topped with roasted pumpkin seed kernels. This healthy carrot dish is considered light and zingy and perfect as a side dish for any meal. Roasted Baby Carrots with Citrus and Pumpkin Seeds will easily become a fav at your house.
As a child, you were probably told, more than several times, to eat your carrots because they are good for your eyes — and they are. However, carrots don’t cure preexisting vision issues, but they can protect against sight concerns caused by a vitamin A deficiency. If you need to lower your risk for heart disease, strokes, and cancer, it’s a wise decision to include organic carrots in your diet. If you want healthier skin, hair, and nails, eat organic carrots! While all these health benefits are totally true, there are many more exciting health benefits of organic carrots.
RELATED: Exciting Health Benefits of Organic Carrots
Roasted Baby Carrots with Citrus and Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
(Always use organic ingredients when available.)
- 8 cups organic baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped sage
- 1 tablespoon dried orange peel (optional)
- Coconut oil to coat
- Juice of half a fresh organic lemon
- 2 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seed kernels (pepitas)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Mix all ingredients except the lemon juice and pumpkin seeds in a large bowl.
- Spread out the coated carrots in a single layer on a large lined baking sheet.
- Roast until just done at about 20 minutes or for longer if you want them a little browned.
- Squeeze the fresh lemon juice over the carrots before serving.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds over the carrots.
- Season with sea salt and pepper according to desire.