Linda’s Low-Fat Organic Pumpkin Bread
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1.5 hours
- 1 cup organic granulated sugar
- 1 cup organic pumpkin
- 1/4 cup organic canola oil or applesauce
- 1/4 cup low fat organic sour cream
- 2 large organic egg whites
- 1-1/2 cups unbromated, unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground organic cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp gound organic nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt 1
- /2 tsp baking soda
- organic cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, sea salt, and baking soda. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture. Stir until combined. Do not over stir.
Spray an 8×4 loaf pan with cooking spray, or grease lightly with Organic butter. Pour batter into coated pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted is dry.
Cool bread on wire rack and remove from pan in 10-15 minutes. Cool completely.
Note: Recipe can be doubled.
Slice bread and top with sweetened organic whipped cream. Optional: You may also add 1/4 cup dried cranberries, 1/4 cup chopped apple, 1/4 cup nuts of your choice to the batter. Oat flour and wheat flour also are good alternatives.