Finding stress-free Christmas gifts is often the most stressful part of the Christmas season. However, I have found that focusing on gifts that “give” throughout the year can be some of the most thoughtful and most appreciative presents that a person will receive. Gifts that introduce the recipient to something “new” end up being not only memorable, but also appreciated.
36 Stress-Free Christmas Gifts
Below are some stress-free Christmas gift suggestions that I have collected throughout the years. These holiday gifts are usually “hits” with all-ages including seniors, young people and even children. The good news is that many of these gifts can be purchased with a click of your computer mouse or made in the comfort of your own home.
1) Subscription to a health magazine (List of Health & Fitness Magazines here)
2) Lessons in a particular craft or hobby
3) Spa treatment gift certificate
5) Gift card to Barnes & Noble, Amazon.com, etc.
6) Organic Fruit Of The Month clubs
7) Membership to Organic wine club
8) Healthy restaurant gift certificate
9) Organic/Natural skin care (Oasis Serene Botanicals is my personal favorite!)
10) Certificate for a free make-up lesson
11) Movie gift passes
12) Movie rental gift certificates
13) Gift certificate for classes in Pilates, Yoga, Fitness Club
14) Professional maid for a day
15) Organic tea sampler
16) Gift certificate to Whole Foods17) Homemade gift baskets. (Possible themes – spa, manicure/pedicure, movie night, sewing, gardening, homemade cookie mix, wine, gourmet coffee, candles, baking supplies, tools, organic soaps)
18) Homemade gift baskets for children. (Possible themes – cars & trucks, baby doll accessories, movie night, skating, my first garden, fairy garden, sports, cds)
19) Drawing lessons (Local or Internet)
20) Musical instrument lessons (Local or Internet)
21) Dance lessons
22) Fish bowl and fish (be sure to get parent’s permission)
23) Handmade gifts such as recipe-in-a-jar, personalized picture frames, personalized notebooks, personalized recipe notebook, etc.
24) Begin a tradition of giving grandchildren a special ornament each year. When they are ready to leave home they will have a nice collection, not to mention memories, connected to each ornament.
25) Health/Nutrition E-Books
26) Gift coupon for baby-sitting (great for grandparents to give to new parents) (free printable coupons here and here)
27) Gift coupon to your spouse for a night out (meaning that YOU make all the arrangements when the recipient is ready to “redeem” it.)
28) Gift coupon to children for a whole day with Dad/Mom
29) Gift coupon to an amusement park, water park, zoo, etc.
30) Library card
31) Use family trinkets (old jewelry) and treasured hardware odds and ends to decorate a personalized picture frame and box.
32) Give a book and a homemade bookmark. Find some great ideas here
33) Make up some “paint chip” (paint chip samples from hardware stores) bookmarks for that book-lover friend. Instructions can be found here
34) iTune gift card
35) Healthy Recipe Cookbook
36) For more quick and thoughtful Christmas gifts go here
Even without having to buy Christmas gifts, December can be a difficult month. More people deal with depression in December than any month of the year. December seems to bring out the best part and the sad parts of our lives. It can really become crazy and thus difficult and stressful. The media would have us believe that the Christmas season is all about the gifts we give and the gifts we receive. The constant blast of TV and other media commercials for the newest toy, computer, digital devices, etc. tend to bring on excessive stress…especially for parents. We are the target of the most elaborate, sophisticated and well-funded marketing campaigns of most companies.
This year how about doing your shopping from a stress-free point of view? Try a few of the suggestions above. You may very well find that giving stress-free Christmas gifts cuts your stress level in half and are much more appreciated. And you will find that you have much more time to enjoy the real meaning of the Christmas season with family and friends. So let’s change our focus to giving stress-free Christmas gifts. Did you know that you can be an encourager of others by the gifts that you give? So go ahead and step out of the commercial-gift-giving-frenzy this year. Let me know how it goes!