I love cookies and I especially love classic no bake cookies when the recipe is full of healthy ingredients. You can make these healthy no bake cookies with either organic peanut butter or organic almond butter without losing any of the delicious taste. The end result is a beautiful, shiny cookie that is quick and easy to make and impossible to resist. Best of all these classic no bake cookies are perfect for any time of the year, but are especially perfect in the summer since you don’t have to use your oven and heat up the house. This particular recipe makes a delicious and healthy chocolate cookie that you can take to a sick friend, welcome new neighbors, dessert for a church fellowship, healthy afternoon snack for the kids, office pot-luck or a backyard cookout. Win! Win! Win!
Making Healthy No Bake Cookies Your Family Will Love
- Organic Peanut butter – Peanut allergies are serious business. If you or a family member has a peanut allergy or just aren’t a fan of peanuts, you can make these healthy no bake cookies without organic peanut butter by replacing it with organic almond butter. Make sure to completely mix any oil that may be at the top of the jar.
- Chocolate – The darker the chocolate, the healthier it is for your body. However, if you aren’t a dark chocolate fan and don’t mind the no bake cookies being less healthy, you can replace the dark chocolate with milk chocolate or mix half dark chocolate with half milk chocolate.
Storing Healthy No Bake Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Healthy No Bake Cookies will store nicely in an airtight container for up to a week. While it’s okay to leave them out at room temperature, they are best straight out of the fridge which makes their texture and freshness better.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Healthy No Bake Cookies Recipe
(Always use organic ingredients when available.)
TIP: Add any additions you like such as raisins, nuts, etc.
Make sure you are in a cool dry area while making these.
Line baking sheets with parchment paper before you begin to make the cookies. Also, get a cookie scoop ready.
Add the first 3 ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil, and boil for 1 minute – use a timer. Let cool for a bit. Remember that pollen, propolis, antioxidants, and enzymes found in raw honey are destroyed at temperatures above 110°F. Stir in the next 4 ingredients and drop on wax paper. Let cool until set. Enjoy!!!
Tips for classic Healthy No Bake Cookies
- Gather your ingredients and measure everything out before you get started with these cookies. The entire process will go much smoother.
- IMPORTANT – Set a timer for 60 seconds once the mixture comes to a rolling boil and remove it from the heat as soon as the timer goes off.
- If the cookies aren’t setting up properly or seem a little too wet after you’ve let them cool for about 20-30 minutes, place them in the refrigerator to help them firm up.
When your sweet tooth hits, don’t forget about these healthy no bake cookies — especially if you want to satisfy your craving in a healthy manner. They will definitely cure any desire for sweets you have. And don’t forget — only one pot to clean. Another WIN!
Kamel Gharzouli, Smain Amira, Akila Gharzouli, Seddik Khennouf Gastroprotective effects of honey and glucose-fructose-sucrose-maltose mixture against ethanol-, indomethacin-, and acidified aspirin-induced lesions in the rat. Exp Toxicol Pathol. 2002 Nov;54(3):217-21. PMID: 12484559
“Dark chocolate consumption reduces stress and inflammation: Data represent first human trials examining the impact of dark chocolate consumption on cognition and other brain functions.” Loma Linda University Adventist Health Sciences Center. ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 24 April 2018.