With the bounty of veggies in the summer and early fall, this vegetarian Beet Tomato Cherry Gazpacho recipe with raw vegetables is sure to be a hit at your next get-together. Not only is the presentation beautiful, but the flavor is ridiculously delicious and so refreshing on warm summer evenings.
Cold Beet Tomato Cherry Gazpacho is chalked-full of healthy ingredients that provide a great source of vitamins, minerals and fiber. The addition of bing cherries makes this cold soup great for the support of inflammation concerns. Cold Beet Tomato Cherry Gazpacho is also gluten-free, vegan and dairy-free.
Beet Tomato Cherry Gazpacho
- 2 slices organic red onion
- 1 large organic beet (about 6 ounces), roasted. Chop – place in small glass or ceramic baker and roast at 425° for 1 hour until tender
- 2 Cups Bing Cherries
- 1 small (6 ounces) organic cucumber peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 pounds organic ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 sticks organic celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium-sized Italian frying pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, halved, green germs removed
- 2 tablespoons organic red wine vinegar, plus a little extra for the onion
- 3 tablespoons cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- Himalayan salt to taste
- ½ to 1 cup iced water (use purified water)
- Place the onion slices in a bowl, cover with cold water and add a few drops of red wine vinegar. Let sit for 5 minutes while you prepare the remaining ingredients. Drain and rinse with cold water. Cut in half or into smaller pieces.
- Working in two batches, blend all of the ingredients except the garnishes in a blender (Vitamix is recommended) for 2 minutes or longer, until smooth and frothy. Add olive oil as you mix. Transfer to a bowl or container (a metal bowl is the most efficient for chilling), whisk in vinegar, thin out with more purified water if desired, and chill for 2 hours before eating. Garnish each glass with some diced cucumber, onion and beet leaf for a beautiful presentation!
Prepare in Advance: This can be served the day after you make it. Leftovers will be good for 2 or 3 days.