Fulvic acid, located in nature, is a result of microbial metabolism processes. This means fulvic acid is produced when organic plant matter decomposes and millions of beneficial healthy bacteria are let go. We used to obtain higher amounts of fulvic acid naturally from the soil; however, today, because of the poor condition of our soil, we must turn to food-grade supplements to boost our nutrient intake and improve gut health.
Considered the complete nutrient booster that improves gut health and immune function, fulvic acid helps to vastly improve digestion and nutrient absorption, protects cognitive health, improves detoxification, lowers free radical damage and inflammation, elevates energy levels, lowers pain levels and also repairs and protects the skin.
Benefits of Fulvic acid
- Major source of key electrolytes and antioxidants
- Aids in slowing down the aging process
- Controls inflammation
- Enhances various cellular processes, muscle functions, digestive abilities
- Enhances heart and brain health
- Helps cells absorb the amount of minerals they require and get rid of waste by acting as an ion transporter
- Shown to naturally improves immune system health which can help defend your body from viruses and infections (a)
- Enhance enzyme activity, including alkaline phosphatases (help to break down proteins), transaminases (needed to make proteins), and invertase (breaks down sugar into glucose and fructose)
- Improves memory, focus, and analysis
- Removes harmful toxins and free radicals from the body
- Neutralizes radiation and eliminating or reducing its harmful effects on the body
- Increases energy and metabolism
- Increase the body’s overall “redox potential”
- Helps with weight loss
- Enables more restful sleep
- Reduces stress levels
- Lowers levels of arthritis-related pain and inflammation
- Improves circulation and lowering blood pressure
- Enables better hormone and electrolytic balances
- Maintains healthy hair, skin, and nails
In the article below, Dr. Richard Drucker, one of the foremost authorities on fulvic acid, discusses what you need to know about fulvic acid and why you should make sure you are getting fulvic acid in your daily diet.
In-Depth into Organic, Soil-Based Fulvic Acid
The Gift of Naturally Prolonged, Healthy and Sustained Life … by: Dr. Richard A. Drucker, M.Sc., N.D., Ph.D
What took mother-nature thousands of years to create – recent humanity has taken for granted and has selfishly destroyed! In just the last 75 years, modern U.S. economic agricultural practices have nearly eradicated all of the naturally occurring organically (carbon containing) complexed trace minerals, polyelectrolytes and metalo-enzymes from our diet. Two time Nobel prize winner and renowned scientist, Linus Pauling categorically stated to the 74th Congress of the U.S. that ”every ailment, every sickness and every disease can be traced back to an organic trace mineral deficiency”.
Without a doubt, organic trace minerals are “the gift of life” and cellular function becomes impossible without them! The 74th Congress, 2nd session of the United States declared that 99% of Americans are deficient in 100% organically complexed trace minerals. Why? Because our foods no longer contain adequate amounts of these critical, essential and life sustaining organic trace minerals, polyelectrolytes and metalo-enzymes! Moreover, Dr. Northern in Senate Document 264 indicated that when an organic soil-based bed is destroyed, plants and crops harvested in that soil lack virtually all of the critical organic trace minerals and more. Now, there is enormous scientific evidence proving that organic trace minerals and fulvic acid are both critically necessary to maintain health and promote healing. Further, they may be most vital “missing link” and solution to the world’s health problems and may even be the key to preservation of life on earth for many centuries to come! Lastly, they are proving to be indispensable to every organ, gland and muscle in the body. Without them, life cannot exist because they are both the stimulus (neuro-electrical catalyst) and the “spark” that single handedly produces all life functions!
What is fulvic acid? Where does it come from and how does it work?
Fulvic acid is a humic substance or extract. Fulvic acid is the end product of nature’s humification process, which is involved in the ultimate breakdown and recycling of most all once-living plant matter. Fulvic acid contains most of the phytochemical protective substances, amino acid peptides, nucleic acids, poly-saccharides, muco-polysaccharides, etc., from the original living and organic (carbon containing) plant matter. Thus, fulvic acid is highly concentrated, refined, transformed, and enhanced over hundreds of years by the actions of innumerable and microscopic organically complexed plants. This humification process prevents the original phytochemical protective components from completely breaking down and turning back into their basic mineral elements and micro-structures. Moreover, even the smallest strands of RNA, DNA, and organic plant photosynthetic materials still remain intact. As a result, the original components become organically complexed and enriched with metalo-enzymes and other organic and carbonaceous materials, which seem to have numerous life and cellular supporting capabilities ingested or applied topically to the skin.
In addition, because fulvic acid is so highly refined and so naturally chelated (i.e. ultra tiny and low molecular weight) by nature itself, it consists of carbon-bond organically complexed and ultra tiny molecules which can easily penetrate human tissues and cells. For this reason, it is highly bio-active on the cellular level providing innumerable bio-chemical and metabolic detoxification functions. Thus, the short term health benefits as well as the long term clinical results (as seen with numerous medical applications of fulvic acid) are scientifically phenomenal and even medically outstanding.
We theorize that mother-nature meant for small amounts of fulvic acid to participate at virtually every level of life by way of organically “linking” the entire food chain. Moreover, we believe that fulvic acid actually bridges the gap between inert (inorganic colloidal or dead) trace minerals and living 100% organically complexed, plant-derived trace minerals and polyelectrolytes. We also believe fulvic acid directly participates in the “spark of life” itself because fulvic acid does contains latent solar energy matter as well as remnants of most all plant photosynthesis. We believe fulvic acid is simply nature’s most precious form of protection and defense for most all plants, animals and even man. Unquestionably, it is tied very closely with immune system functions and has exceptionally powerful antioxidant qualities.
What scientific facts do we know about fulvic acid and its vast applications?
- We believe that because fulvic acid is so naturally chelated (ultra tiny) and organically complexed, it has been entirely and perhaps wrongly misunderstood and overlooked by most of medicine and science.
- Nearly every pharmaceutical drug, herbal extract, health supplement and therapeutic substance from nature, can somehow be traced to the functions and even the actual chemical makeup of fulvic acid.
- The DNA of every living and extinct species of organism on Earth, whether it be plant, animal or microbe has eventually become a highly refined component of fulvic acid.
- The original life giving, protective, and healing components from plants (phytochemicals) do not disintegrate during nature’s fulvic acid production process, but become highly concentrated.
- Fulvic acid often exhibits remarkably similar characteristics to the organically complexed and bio-active substances it originated from and exhibits comparatively similar beneficial and results when utilized by most all mammals – which are often significantly enhanced over time.
- Many species of plants, particularly microscopic plants, are involved in the fulvic acid production process.
- Fulvic acid production is, in essence, nature’s perfect recycling process.
- Fulvic acid, provides a steady increase in health to subsequent generations of most all living organisms.
- Most all modern waste disposal systems and agricultural practices have completely broken nature’s recycling process, resulting in progressively deteriorating crops, foods that we ingest and poor health.
- In a more perfect world, the use and consumption of fulvic acid on a regular basis could possibly reverse the steady cycle of health deterioration, and start a new cycle of progressive health improvement for both plant and man.
Why should I take 100% organically microcomplexed trace minerals?
Organic trace minerals and fulvic acid are essential keys to life! Two-time Nobel Prize winner and renowned scientist Linus Pauling categorically stated to the 74th Congress of the United States, that organic minerals are necessary for healthy life.
But, don’t I get minerals from my food?
Very few, and not as much as you need or as much as you used to get, and each year it’s getting worse. Modern U.S. farming techniques have depleted and are continuing to rapidly deplete soils once rich with life sustaining organic microcomplexed trace minerals. Thus, the food we eat today is much less nourishing and considered by many agriculturists, bio-chemists and physicians to be nutritionally hollow.
Surely, I get organically complexed minerals in the multi-vitamin I take? How absorbable are inorganic minerals?
Only in a very few multi–vitamin products. But the question isn’t whether you ingest them but – do your cells absorb them? It should be understood that less than half of vitamin pills are absorbed by your cells. This is because they are colloidal and /or inorganic – which simply means that these non-absorbable minerals are generally too large to effectively penetrate the cell walls of the intestines and provide adequate nourishment.
What is an electrolyte (polyelectrolytes) and how do they affect me?
By definition an electrolyte is an element or compound that, when melted or dissolved in water or other solvent, dissociates into ions and is able to conduct an electric current. Electrolytes do differ in their concentrations in blood plasma, interstitial fluid and cellular fluid and do affect the movement of substances between those compartments. Proper quantities of polyelectrolytes and a balance among them are critical to normal metabolism and cellular function. Careful and regular monitoring of electrolytes as well as their replacement are critical for for strenuous activities and the prevention of heat related and sweat induced symptoms from strenuous exercise.
Moreover, it is a scientific fact that athletes, sports enthusiasts, runners, outdoor workers, etc. are subject to potential physical dehydration, heat related fatigue and/or exhaustion, and should first and foremost replace fluids and polyelectrolytes. Under these circumstances, replacement of polyelectrolytes (just before, during and immediately after exercise) can prevent serious and even permanent physical injuries. Thus, regular, adequate and rapid replacement of polyelectrolytes may prevent a wide array of serious injuries from occurring. Many of these symptoms and others can occur just minutes (and up to hours) after the initial, systemic dehydration and loss of polyelectrolytes occurs.
Finally, no supplement should be ever a substitute for a nutrient-dense and plant-based diet, adequate exercise as well as other healthy lifestyle choices. On the other hand, including a supplement with fulvic acid in your daily protocol can definitely complement healthy lifestyle choices as well as giving your immune system good support. Always be sure to consult a knowledgeable healthcare practitioner before taking a supplement with fulvic acid to ensure it doesn’t interfere with any other ongoing treatments or medications.
Shenyuan Yuan, Fulvic Acid, 4 (1988). In: Application of fulvic acid and its derivatives in the fields of agriculture and medicine; Chapter 34; First Edition: June 1993.