This mouthwatering Avocado Butter Spread recipe produces an incredibly rich and creamy spread that is absolutely delicious! It’s excellent on a sandwich, spread on breakfast toast, topping for a steaming baked potato, and even mixed into other dishes. The options are endless in how you can get the most use out of this tasty new twist on avocado butter. Is your mouth watering yet?
The Scoop About Avocado
The avocado, which is really a fruit, is truly an amazing superfood to add to your daily diet. In fact, there are few, if any other, other superfoods that are chalked-full of essential nutrients. One medium-sized avocado has about 215 total calories. Yes, that’s a boat-load of calories. However, because of the healthy fat, fiber, and phytochemical content, this superfood should help you lose weight, not gain weight.
RELATED: Avocado Benefits – Amazing Superfood
Mouthwatering Avocado Butter Spread Recipe
- 1 approximately (1/2-pound) avocado (ripe, but not overripe)
- 1/4 cup organic, grass-fed, unsalted ghee
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed organic lemon or lime juice
- 1-2 cloves of organic garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon organic black pepper
- With an immersion blender, mix the avocado with the organic ghee until it’s very smooth.
- Add the lemon or lime juice, cumin, minced garlic, Himalayan salt, and black pepper.
- Place the avocado butter into a covered glass or ceramic container and place it in the refrigerator to chill for a few hours.
To make larger amounts of Mouthwatering Avocado Butter Spread, it’s best to use a food processor for the mixing stage.
More Avocado Recipes
Oleic acid, the main monounsaturated fatty acid of olive oil, suppresses Her-2/neu (erbB-2) expression and synergistically enhances the growth inhibitory effects of trastuzumab (Herceptin) in breast cancer cells with Her-2/neu oncogene amplification.